2024 Total Solar Eclipse

https://science.nasa.gov/eclipses/future-eclipses/eclipse-2024/2024 Total Eclipse

Hello, in this blog post I am going to discuss my experience from viewing the 2024 total solar eclipse. It was very fascinating to say the least. I watched it in my backyard with my family, wearing those eclipse paper glasses. When the solar eclipse was in partiality, it was very cool to slowly see the moon get covered by the moon through the glasses. Of course when you look straight at the sun with your bare eyes, you cannot see it getting covered, which my mom and I looked at for a second on accident, haha. I was going back inside my house as the sun got more covered because I didn't feel like sitting outside the whole time. As the sun was getting more covered by the moon, you could hear my neighbors yelling out in excitement. The sky and world around us was slowly getting darker and darker, which was very cool to experience. When the eclipse was in totality, and there was no need for the glasses, it was so mesmerizing to witness. The moon finally covering the sun and leaving this ring of light and the sky getting darker was surreal to see with my bare eyes. My mom was crying as the moon covered it further, truly making it feel like an out of body experience. It was one of those experiences that, yes, you can see it through photos and get the idea, but nothing beats seeing it happen live in person. It was really cool to see the world around us go from light to dark, and then back to light all within the span of less than 5 minutes. Later when I checked social media, I saw almost everyone I know posting photos/videos they got, and what they thought. Moments like that through social media made me realize how sweet it was that humanity was looking at the sky at once together. It was cool to see professional videos of the eclipse. It legit looked like the images were taken from what I had experienced but even better. For those who weren't able to see it in person, seeing others posting about it is a nice way to witness it. If you went on TikTok or X and clicked on # like solar eclipse, etc, it takes you to a forum of posts that people have posted relating to the eclipse. It was nice to see other peoples perspectives from other areas in the country or around the world.

Comments

  1. Hello,

    It was really nice to read about your experience of the Solar Eclipse on Monday! It was such an interesting experience to hear all of out neighbors in our different neighborhoods come together wasn't it? I also noticed the same thing, how loud it got in the surrounding areas because we usually just keep to yourself. I thought it was so interesting to know hundreds upon thousands of people were all looking up at the same time and making a core memory at the same time. Im really glad you enjoyed your time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading about your experience of viewing the Solar Eclipse. I had a similar experience when I saw the Eclipse in that it really felt so strange and magical when the moon fully covered the sun. I would not have thought about it but calling it an out of body experience was very accurate. I also like the way you tied it to social media by describing how the Eclipse allowed everyone to connect over a shared experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abeer! I really enjoyed reading your post! I also think it is sweet when you realize that everyone was coming together to enjoy a breathtaking experience all at the same time. I like how you mentioned the importance of those who did not get to see it be able to through other people's amazing posts as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My take on "The Social Dilemma" documentary.

Digital Divides