Hi there! My name is Abeer Aldweik, and I am currently a freshman at the University of Toledo. I am majoring in Criminal Justice, with a concentration in pre-law. My career goals are to become a detective in the FBI, or a lawyer of some sort. When it comes to the world of social media, I am interested in learning more about other people's cultures such as their lifestyle, clothing, food and things of that nature. I also like to just simply learn more from what this world has to offer. For me, I see social media as an outlet to get information, keep up with people's lives, while also getting away from my life at times. Social media has been a great way for me to learn a lot of information that I may not be able to grasp hands on or get access to particular information. Activism has become a huge thing on social media, and I am glad that people are opening their eyes to the reality of the injustices taking place not only around us, but also around the world. I am not the biggest fan of posting my opinions or even posting for that matter, but I am hoping that will change as time goes on. Reading people's posts and blogs allows me to better understand society while also giving me the chance to take in what people. There are times when social media may not be the best place to be or get so sucked into, but it does have its benefits. Blogs allow you to open your eyes to what others may have to say or showcase in a way a tweet or post on Facebook may not be able to do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 Total Solar Eclipse

My take on "The Social Dilemma" documentary.

Digital Divides